In pursuit of our mission and vision, the Foundation invests in:
- Health and Healthcare– Extending our legacy of providing healthcare to residents of Northeast Pennsylvania, the Foundation has a primary interest in supporting organizations and programs that ensure quality healthcare, health education and strengthen the healthcare workforce. Of particular interest are programs targeting:
- Primary Healthcare for the Economically Disadvantaged
- Mental Health and Behavioral Health
- Dental Care and Oral Health
- Healthcare Workforce
- Human Services– We understand the environments people live in have a direct impact on their health and wellbeing. Therefore, we also have an interest in supporting organizations and programs that create environments that promote good health.
Moses Taylor Foundation is based in Scranton, Pennsylvania and has a primary interest in Lackawanna County. Additionally, the Foundation serves the following Northeastern Pennsylvania counties: Bradford, Carbon, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Schuylkill, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming.
Types of Grants
The Foundation makes operating grants, program grants, capital grants and capacity building grants. Discretionary Grants up to $20,000 have an abbreviated proposal and are reviewed on a rolling basis to respond quickly to community need. Grant proposals above $20,000 must be submitted for one of the Foundation’s quarterly deadlines.
Who Can Apply?
Applicants must have a 501c3 and serve people within Northeast Pennsylvania. The Foundation does not fund individuals, religious organizations for religious or evangelical purposes, fundraising events, endowment funds, research, debt retirement or lobbying.